What a pain ! I had to transfer 190 domain names from Hover.com to GoDaddy.com and it took me 4:15 hours.
First of all, the previous registrar will not make it easy for you to transfer out the domains, so accept the challenge.
Their web interface is ridiculously slow and complicated, no lists with checkboxes, you have to do it individually for each domain you want to transfer.
On the other hand, GoDaddy personnel helped us by accepting an Excel spreadsheet with the list of domains to transfer with their respective authorization code.
But in order to make that list, I had to do the following…
- Browse my list of domains at Hover.com
- Select a domain
- Click on “Account”
- Click on “Registry Records” and wait until the Ajax brings the data
- Choose “Unlock Domain” from the dropdown box
- Click on “I want to transfer” and wait until the Ajax brings the authorization code
- Copy the code
- Save the changes (to remain unlocked)
- Past the code into the spreadsheet and go back to the domain list
The good thing is that it is over (about 4 hours later), I’m sending the spreadsheet to GoDaddy and they will process it for us.
By the way, we never chose Hover.com as our registrar, our account was sold by ItsYourDomain.com.