Volt Technical Resources has a long-term temporary position available for a Web Developer with Our Client in Hillsboro.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Corporate Communications. The Web Developer will work under minimal supervision, and will own his/her professional development, seeking resources with which to stay current.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain website accuracy by:
- Updating product information.
- Engineering block diagrams.
- Closing web requests in Our Client’s Help Desk tool in a timely manner.
- Investigate systems and processes to automate website updates and databases.
- Develop and test new website functionality, through native coding.
- Program-Manage and guide successful implementation of purchased applications (e.g. FAQ tool, Parametric Search).
- Support Business Unit online initiatives.
- Develop Statement of Work (SOW) documents.
- Communicate Project status to stakeholders and execute plan.
- Diagnose and reduce website errors.
- Maintain website security; monitor and respond to threats and attacks.
- Serve as Technical Liaison to Application Vendors such as Careers website.
- Work with Corporate IT team to ensure that server hardware is appropriate and robust.
- Support internal and external web sites as necessary (e.g. Corporate Intranet, Sales Portal, HR solutions box).
- Collect information, as well as monitor and report web indicators.
- Create and manage Search Engine Optimization (SEO) program to grow online visitors and increase engagement.
This is an estimated 6-12 month contingent / temporary position through Volt Technical Resources – a division of a Fortune 1000 publicly traded Staffing Industry Leader, located in Portland, Oregon.
Required Skills for this Web Developer position include the following:
- Demonstrated mastery of ColdFusion, SQL Server, hand-coded HTML and CSS
- Must be proficient in Windows Server and IIS Administration
- Demonstrated proficiency in Graphic design basics (including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Flash)
- Must have Business-to-Business Marketing experience and Creative Online Layout/Design Portfolio
- Must have excellent communication skills, including solid grammar, writing and Copy Proofing skills