ColdFusion developer will contribute as a team player to help continuously improve processes for the Web Applications Team. The Web Applications team builds database enabled self service web applications for students, staff and faculty using ColdFusion, MS SQL Server and Oracle enterprise level technologies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Actively participating in all stages of the System Development Life Cycle
- Working collaboratively with team members in order to optimize viable solutions
- Being responsible for engineering, re-engineering and maintaining applications in various architectures and technologies and to optimize code during application development
- Being responsible for designing new features and functionality, and have an active role making performance, extensibility, and scalability and maintainability improvements
- Being able to analyze user requirements for designing and developing web based technology solutions
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least five (5) years as a ColdFusion Developer coding designing and optimizing mission critical enterprise class applications using Object Orientated component based methodologies, implanted in frameworks such as FuseBox 5.5, ColdBox or some CFC based framework.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience in developing Web 2.0 technologies,
- Adobe frameworks (Flex, ActionScript),
- have experience programming in C#, .NET, Java ,
- consuming WebServices and using SOAP, JSON and other protocols with API’s,an understanding of third party API’s and frameworks (Google, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube, etc),
- has experience developing in SQL 2005/2008 or Oracle is desirable,
- familiar with diagramming, data modeling and configuration management tools and aware of security protocols (XSS, SQL Injection).
- Candidates with a Certified ColdFusion 8 Developer is a plus.