This position will be instrumental in transitioning existing ColdFusion MX applications to Java. Web Application Developers also participate in the full life cycle development and maintenance of content management systems, an LMS and a variety of end-user corporate applications and tools. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Analyzing, designing, programming and maintaining ColdFusion MX and Java applications using SQL Server 2008 databases;Supporting and maintaining existing application functionality through minor and major software releases;Analyzing business requirements and proposed software design solutions;Leading and participating in the peer review of application design and code;Mentoring junior members of the team on advanced programming concepts and techniques; andIdentifying, evaluating and implementing new application technologies and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
- 4+ years developing and maintaining web applications using Java.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL Server 2008.Working knowledge of Model-Glue, ColdSpring and Transfer frameworks.
- Understanding of object orientated programming concepts and techniques.
- Experience creating and maintaining views, stored procedures, data migration scripts.
- Familiarity with ADA Section 508 web accessibility and compliance.
- Experience maintaining content management systems.
- Knowledge of Oracle or MS Access.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively, both independently and as part of a development team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Here is the link.