Developer/Senior Web Developer will, under general direction;
- Support and maintain custom-built web applications on the Corporate Intranet using a variety of technologies including CFMX, Java, JSP, advanced CSS, Jython, Python.
- Provide technical guidance to team members and vendors. Train on new technologies and assist in setting the technical strategy for the department.
- Act as a liaison to the Application Support departments, working on cross-departmental SOA solutions for system integrations.
- Lead discussions, develop and maintain new custom web applications as necessary.
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building.
- Support and maintain the Corporate and Product web sites.
- Participate in all phases of the Web Development Cycle.
- Lead design discussions and facilitate technical meetings.
- Maintain documentation on architecture, processes, and changes.
- Interact with business staff to review, analyze, design, and implement new applications/changes, Mentor co-workers.
- Work closely with technical staff to design, develop, troubleshoot, and implement changes.
- Utilize a variety of available scripting languages, web technologies, relational databases, monitoring tools, and modeling tools.
- Perform a variety of administrative, technical, and maintenance tasks to support proper web application operation.
- Assist in the creation of enterprise Web development standards.
The essential functions required for the position are as follows:
- Ability to translate user requirements into system design.
- High degree of technical expertise with web development tools including CFMX, Java, JSP, advanced CSS, Jython, Python.
- Experience with Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, and WebLogic
- Experience Intranet/Extranet development
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a variety of roles, including the ability to work in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to interface with technical staff, system users, and vendor contacts
- Competent in operation of Windows PC’s and standard Microsoft desktop software
- Experience with the different stages of a Product Lifecycle is preferred.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment.
- Previous pharmaceutical experience a plus.