Excellent opportunity with Fortune 500 company. The purpose of this position is to maintain company website and participate in all other systems development and maintenance as required.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the business processes which drive the Internet and intranet development.
- Maintain web content and database. Recommends web site features and enhancements.
- Monitoring web site performance and function (RedAlert, email folders, logs, Webload, etc). This person is the first line of defense, explicitly charged with maintaining company website availability.
- Participate in all other systems development and maintenance as required.
- Writes new application programs from specifications under general supervision.
- Maintains and modifies existing programs from specifications or change requests.
- May develop functional and programming specifications based on user requests.
- Debugs and tests all work.
- Seeks out and solves technical problems discovered during monitoring and as assigned. Includes researching manuals, internet resources, forums, and vendor resources, persisting until an acceptable solution is found.
- Prepares documentation as required. Includes program comments, flow charts, user documentation, and instructions to operations.
- Provides operations with application support, including after-hours support.
- Maintains department standards for programming technique, report standards, documentation and operations procedures.
- Researches and corrects reported “bugs”, provides detail information regarding program behavior. Interacts directly with users to resolve minor problems.
- Five years of experience working with Macromedia ColdFusion Server, Flash, Studio Dreamweaver and ColdFusion Administrator.
- Three years of experience working with Oracle database, PLSQL and stored procedures.
- Two years experience with b2c web sites.
- Must be proficient with PCs and Windows servers. Sun Solaris experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.