Linux System Administrator; Redhat, Coldfusion, Tomcat; Docklands; £45K
We are looking for a degree educated Senior Linux Administrator, to head up our enthusiastic, fast moving and expanding development team. You should have 3yrs full-time experience performing system administration within a web production environment (we have over 200 web sites, including blogs).
In depth experience of Redhat, Apache web server, VMWare, HP hardware, ColdFusion, Tomcat, WebSphere.
Some Microsoft Windows administration experience including IIS, ASP, SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
Experience of Perl and Python would be advantageous.
Your role will cover:
- availability, security and performance of the development and testing environment used by the development team
- monitoring of the production web hosting platforms on which the applications operate
- build and configure the OS and web applications for new servers to be deployed in development and production environments
- recommendation, development and implementation of new monitoring procedures and solutions
- documentation for the production and development system architecture and server configuration
- analysis and resolution of availability and performance problems
- liaise with 3rd party hosting providers, and the Digital Service Desk to log, track and resolve production operational problems
- develop expertise in selected technical areas to provide specialist support to the development team
Here is the link