The three most important skills for this job are as follows:
- ColdFusion programming
- Server administration (IIS, SQL and ColdFusion, as well as DNS)
This position will have frequent contact with senior management, Communication Division staff and vendor representatives and occasional contact with employees, physicians and contractors.
POSITION SUMMARY: Develops, maintains, tests and supports the public website and its component subsites to meet customer needs, to promote the use of campnay’s services and to promote a positive image of the brand – consistent with the mission, vision, values and strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and formulate systems that parallel business procedures, practices and strategies.
- Under the direction of the Web Marketing Director, work with all areas of the company to make sure that applications are clearly designed, easy to use, self-explanatory and fulfill user needs.
- Develop, execute and manage test cases and test plans for newly developed programs, features and applications, as well as ongoing applications testing and troubleshooting.
- Provide estimates for assigned projects.
- Create and maintain project schedules as needed.
- Contribute to definition standards, guidelines and processes for software development and produce documentation for all development projects.
- Maintain complete records of all website and project documentation.
- Create and develop web pages and site applications on a timely basis.
- Design and maintain relational databases.
- Supervise (dotted line) programming performed by Web Developer and assist in determining Web Developer’s project priorities.
- Manage web hosting at datacenters and work with Information Services to ensure proper operation of web servers, as well as recommending necessary hardware/software upgrades.
- Work with Information Services to codify and maintain downtime procedures for use by Web Team and I.S. Support Center staff.
- Ensure website is archived regularly.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with vendors and end users to administer and maintain current software applications.
- Conduct proactive technology research and make recommendations to increase site efficiency, stability and robustness.
- Consult on technological and process considerations on interdisciplinary teams whose projects impact the website.
- Carry a pager during business and most off-hours and is expected to respond and assist in resolving legitimate problems at all times.
- Uses graphic, editorial and technology skills to ensure adherence to system graphic standards, editorial standards and system core values.
- Promote ‘Systemness’.
- Contribute in varied ways to the Marketing/PR Department’s team and collaborative efforts.
- Ability to relate in a positive manner with the public.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Represent the Marketing/Public Relations Department at meetings and participate on hospital/system committees as assigned.
- Maintain established department/hospital policies, procedures, directives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards appropriate to this position.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and models the mission and core values of the corporation through behavior and attitude.