General Dynamics Information Technology
This position is in support of the Web Team. The Senior Computer Programmer/Developer will participate in the software development activities required to support current and new requirements and initiatives. The developer will also work closely with other Web Team members to stay current on technologies and software standards. This position needs solid knowledge of the Software Development Life-cycle to support development efforts, to include requirements gathering, documentation, and other duties to perform SDLC activities. The person needs to be flexible and dynamic as priorities and management decisions of these projects can change daily. This requires experience working in a fast moving, high-pressure, team-oriented environment. This position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Qualified candidate needs a firm understanding of software configuration management tools (such as: Visual Source Safe, Borland Star Team, or any enterprise level version control system.), as well as development of web-based software applications in general.
- Requires BS/BA degree or equivalency.
- Requires 8-10 years experience.
- Experience in developing web based applications using:
- Adobe’s ColdFusion (v8+ required)
- Frameworks including Fusebox 4.1 or higher
- .NET – Familiarity with .Net 1.1 or 2.0 a must, with .Net 3.5 experience a plus.
- Object-oriented programming principles
- MVC and other common design patterns
- 508 Compliance
- Database design/development using SQL Server 2005 or higher to develop stored procedures and triggers.
- Dot Net Nuke experience a plus.
- Java experience a plus.
- Oracle 10g experience a plus.
- Experience with PHP, Ruby or other web application language a plus.
- Familiarity with SharePoint or equivalent collaboration tool development a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development practices a plus.