The Director of Development will have responsibility for the development and engineering of all .NET and ColdFusion based web applications in support of INPUT. The individual will be responsible for managing software developers, QA and user experience/design professionals related to the maintenance and development of INPUT’s web based information products. The individual will also have responsibility for processes and systems employed by the team. This individual will also be involved in requirements gathering, business analysis, functional design, and quality control. This senior management / leadership position will be expected to build on the existing foundation to continuously improve INPUT’s ability to deliver high quality Web based information products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership: Focus on technical development of individual staff members. Identify the right resource for each task, understand the status of each task and related risks and roadblocks standing in the way of completion. Based on understanding of technology and software engineering methodologies, determine refinements to existing software development practices and standards.
- People management: Clearly set and manage expectations of staff in terms of job responsibilities and career development. Coaching / mentoring will be key part of job responsibilities, clearly understanding individual staff members’ needs in different areas and tailoring management style accordingly.
- Operational excellence: Clearly understand “operational” aspects of the delivering web-based applications and continuously look for ways to drive efficiency, improvements and quality. Manage software development projects to completion by maintaining full and complete awareness of the tasks assigned to each of the staff. Remove roadblocks and obstacles by coordinating with other functional leaders including leaders in product management, project management, interface design and quality control, etc.
- Project oversight: Provide oversight for software development project execution at a detailed level. Understand and manage the individual software development tasks required to be completed, to ensure predictable, high quality delivery of software to the marketplace.
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience building web-based software applications and solutions ideally leveraging analytics and reporting tools and search technologies
- Experience with web-based software development technologies, including .NET web-based technology, ColdFusion, jQuery and RDBMS technology
- Excellent communication (oral and written), relationship building, influence and negotiation skills with both technical and business resources
- Experience managing internal customer relationships, including executives