Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for a qualified individual to further develop and maintain a commerce-integrated website specifically for the sale of catalog antibodies to the life science research community. The individual will have responsibility in the design, coding, and testing of the website to assure functionality and to make sure the site is inline with our peer competitors for content, graphic richness and usability. The candidate will also be responsible for working with marketing colleagues to create strategies to gain better search engine visibility and to present complex data more effectively so customers can benefit from a data resource in addition to quality products. Finally, the individual will be responsibility for working with a database manager(s) to streamline the organization of content and ways to implement best-in-practice methods for maintaining the databases moving forward.
- Effective Communication
- Listens to others and accepts input from team members.
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Mastery of the English language and grammar.
- History of Project Execution
- Understands and has shown a history of being able to meet project and development plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Adheres to coding standards defined by technical management.
- Accurately employs our development and testing tools.
- Programming and Database Experience
- 3+ years recent ColdFusion development experience in an Windows environment
- Working knowledge of ColdFusion CFCs
- Strong SQL skills in a Microsoft environment, including T-SQL
- 3+ years HTML
- Strong CSS skills
Beneficial skills include:
- C#, ASP.NET programming skills
- Agility content management experience
- Microsoft IIS experience
- E-commerce development experience