Title: Sr. Java/ColdFusion Developer
Location: California-San Mateo
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Sr. Java/ColdFusion Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Mateo, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, implement and maintain software systems to meet client needs as part of a development team in San Mateo
- Support PostalOne application – The system is designed for BMEU’s who have responsibilities creating mail pieces to be processed by the United States Postal Service for mail delivery.
- The individual will have to work independently , gather and analyze information or developing and modifying information processing systems in accordance with USPS requirements as well as the architectural plan for the integration of these systems into the larger technical environment.
- This individual will be required to work independently or semi-independently with a minimum of guidance or direction.
- Interface with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications and provide maintenance information ; Produce timely status reports and projections ; Develop and track objectives and schedules ;Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications ;Participate in project planning and management
- Will provide advance coding in Java/J2EE, providing framework and other advance coding tasks. This includes code walkthroughs and audits of other team members.
- Define design specifications and parameters; Perform debugging and unit testing of software products; Analyze and investigate major software engineering tasks.
- Interface with other departments to participate in specification, design, code and test reviews ,Provide documentation of software products ; Follow and contribute to improvement of the software development process
- Provide timely production support and problem resolution
- Advanced programming skills and experince in J2EE technology, such as JNDI, JMS, RMI, JNDI, XML, XSL, XSL-FO and JDBC.
- Hands on experience in Data/Object Modeling, Methods, Classes, Inheritance, Polymorphism, re-use concepts, frameworks
- Significant working knowledge with the following platforms: JAVA/IBM Websphere/Oracle.
- Significant working skills in using IBM RAD, including configuring workspace and local server
- Significant working skills in administering IBM Websphere Application Server.6.1
- Advance hands on working skills in programming with ANSI SQL for Oracle Database.
- Advance hands on knowledge of Http, SSL, TCP/IP, CCS and Document formatting
- Working knowledge with the following Software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Visio.
- Experience with code versioning and change management concepts
- Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
- Experience with requirements definition and specifications design creating conceptual, logical and physical design using case models, class models, component models, and physical models
- Ability to mentor project developers
- Demonstrated client interaction skills and abilities; work in a team environment, on-site in client facility
- Demonstrated ability to manage work assignments across a team of developers
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in object development
Here is the link.