- Design, develop, and implement customized Web applications, Web services, and enterprise solutions for clients using the ArcGIS suite of software and extensions.
- Work closely with Esri programmers, product specialists, and management to provide cutting-edge cross-platform solutions for Esri customers.
- Design and perform analysis routines on spatial data to be incorporated in a Web services environment.
- Perform application development estimating, planning, and progress tracking.
- Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities.
- Write comprehensive technical specifications and support documentation.
- Active and effective participation in various activities within the software development cycle.
- Interface with customers, both internal and external, to identify and implement technical solutions.
- Bachelors in computer science, geography, GIS, MIS, or related field, depending on position level; masters in GIS, MIS, or related field preferred and may be substituted for experience.
- Experience with GIS/Esri software, particularly as it applies to spatial analysis.
- Technical training in GIS, UI design, Web programming, and object oriented programming.
- Three to five years of software development experience including expertise in Java and .NET.
- Background in system architecture and development.
- Experience with component-based architectures, OO, COM, and/or SOA.
- Exceptional design and development skills.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
- U.S. citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance.