Apex Systems is currently looking for a mid-senior level ColdFusion Developer for a long term contract (very good potential for temp to perm) opportunity located in Washington, DC (walking distance from the Navy Yard Metro Station)
Candidate will join the team that enhances, maintains and supports the several web based applications for client and other Federal Agencies. Responsibilities would include adding functionality, coordinating environmental upgrades, provide customer support, developing and maintaining documentation, and serving as a liaison to vendors. Candidate must have proven experience of working in dynamic environment supporting multiple applications at the same time.
- Develop, enhance, maintain, and support web applications.
- Coordinate testing the roll out of automation changes.
- Manage projects by following project management standards.
- Research technical issues and provide recommendations.
- Participate in business requirements analysis, software evaluation and selection, and application integration.
- Suggest ideas for improving efficiency.
- Provide application related training.
- Actively participate in workgroups.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Business and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience in a high-paced, enterprise environment.
- Proven experience with MS SQL Server 2005 and Oracle relational databases. (writing complex SQL In-line or in stored procedures)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to re-engineer existing applications.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.