Posts Tagged Virginia
Senior level, ColdFusion Developer for an immediate opening supporting our Reston, VA office. The ideal candidate for this position will be an energetic, experienced web application and database programmer with a background in object-oriented development. As a member of a small development team, the selected candidate shall participate in all aspects of software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, programming, deployment and support.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ColdFusion 8/9 to develop multi tier web-based applications. Experience with MVC based frameworks and a good knowledge for CFCs a must!
- Ability to write and optimize complex queries, triggers and stored procedures (MS SQL)
- Working knowledge of source code control, change management and deployment tools.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision, as well as participate successfully in a team environment
- An open-minded approach to problem solving and strong desire to learn.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
Requires bachelor*s degree (in Computer Science or related field) and two to four years of overall experience. In order to support this program, candidate must have the following specific qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree (Computer Related)
- 2 to 4 years of Relational Database Experience, specifically MS SQL Server, and MS Access
- 2 to 4 years experience conducting Requirements Analysis, interfacing with clients
- Must be a US Citizen
- ColdFusion, ASP
- MS SQL Server
As a ColdFusion Web Developer at Redmon Group you can expect to find yourself working simultaneously for multiple project managers on a variety of projects. Your specific tasks will depend both on your skill set and the needs of the projects but will include designing and building Web pages and Web applications, maintaining and improving Web sites, performing user acceptance testing, and more. You will follow specifications laid out in design documents, scripts, storyboards, and/or graphic treatments and will work closely with others including Project Managers, Instructional Designers, Multimedia Developers, and other Programmers.
To thrive at Redmon Group, you must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to multi-task across projects and technologies, strong collaboration and teamwork principles, a comprehensive grasp of technology and/or design techniques, an aptitude for learning new applications and skills, and a passion for producing engaging and high-quality work.
A Web Developer must be competent (able to independently employ the principal features of applications or skills to produce a professional-level output) in the following areas:
- ColdFusion (preferably version 8 or higher)
- SQL Database Query Development
- Object Oriented Programming
- Microsoft Office Suite of Tools
- Task Estimation
- Client Communications
- At minimum of 4 years practical experience in web development (a 4-year degree is considered equivalent to 2 years of experience)
Skills considered a “plus” include:
- E-Commerce Experience
- Content Management Systems Experience
- Google Maps or GIS Integration
- Experience in one or more of: PHP, .NET, C#, C++, XML, Python, Perl, Linux/Unix-specific knowledge
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Apache web server administration
- SQL database administration
- Object-Oriented Programming Experience
- Knowledge of W3C accessibility standards and Section 508
- Skills with media development tools (Photoshop, Fireworks, 3d Studio, Final Cut, Illustrator, etc.)
STG is currently looking for a skilled Cold Fusion software developer to support our customer at the U.S. Army Research Laboratory.
- This person would be responsible for ARL Enterprise software application development, testing, deployment, support and maintenance.
- Participate as proactive team member for multiple projects.
- Become familiar with and support ARL software development standards and policies.
- Ensure proper source code documentation and maintain proper software configuration management using ARL CM tools of choice.
- Deliver quality, tested products.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Conceptualize, design, develop, create, establish, support, and maintain current and future web applications / projects
- Work with analysts to interpret business requirements and offer technical solutions.
- Document technical specifications using Quality Center suite and standard modeling techniques.
- Provide input to technical standards and development process.
- Design, code, debug, document and implement internet applications.
- Work cohesively with Govt project managers to gather requirements and other pertinent information necessary to produce a working product that meets the customer expectations and need.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field or in lieu of degree
- 5 years Cold Fusion development experience w/ web enabled business applications using SOA and CFC within last two positions.
- 2 years experience ( with BS degree or 5 years without) in web application development w/ Cold Fusion Components.
- Experience using component models and Object-Oriented languages (Java, C/C++).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) process.
- Proven ability to write, test, debug, and refine software applications to produce end product.
- Experience with software CM.
- Ability to analyze software requirements and design specifications.
- Ability to work independently and deliver within a tight schedule.
- Ability to participate in the analysis and/or resolution of IT and business issues.
- PHP, MVC, Machii architecture experience a plus!
- Must be a US Citizen with a clearance or able to obtain a clearance.
- An active Security Clearance is highly desirable.
ICF International is looking for a ColdFusion developer for a full-time job.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and experience in a client-facing consulting environment….
View the post here.